An annual workshop/seminar for photographers that want to deepen their knowledge and develop their skills in mastering the light.
· The Nature of Photographs (one 3 hr. Lesson)
· Visual Perception and Photography (one 3 hr. Lesson)
· LIGHT – The Longest Journey (twelve 3 hr. Lessons)
§ The history of light and its importance in photography
§ Light in nature and ambiance.
§ Artificial light, its sources and its modifiers.
§ Quality of light I: Depth, Shape and Form
§ Quality of light II: Depth, Shape and Form
§ Quality of light III: Depth, Shape and Form
§ Quality of light IV: Depth, Shape and Form
§ The 7 styles of lighting in Hollywood’s Golden Era
§ HMI, Tungsten-Halogen, Fluorescent, Strobe, LED or Speed-light?
§ Mixing light I (artificial and ambient)
§ Mixing light II (continuous and strobe)
§ Creative thinking, planning out and creating a short story (three images) using the language of light
· From an Idea to Creation (eight 3 hr. Lessons)-Working on a personal theme.
· Creating a Photo journal/Photo book (three 6 hr. Lessons)
§ Learning how to self-publish your work .
§ Editing, layout and writing.
§ Printing and binding (final presentation in a draft book form).